Review: Catrice Lip Cushion - 020 Better Make A Mauve

Lately I've been trying out new Catrice and Essence products and most of what I got impressed me. In their new range, Catrice also added lip cushions. An interesting concept that must have gotten adopted from Korean trends. It actually really reminds me of their Beautifying Lip Smoothers, which now come only in three shades. I have some of their previous shades that are not available anymore. 


Lip cushion has plastic pen like packaging. It's black with the details of the shade inside. In it is 3.5 ml of product and it costs 5.29€


You can choose from 6 different shades. I got the 020 Better Make A Mauve, which is actually the most neutral shade in the range. Others are a bit more colorful.



It has a fluffy sponge applicator. You have to roll the bottom of a pan to get product pushed through it. It makes a clicking sound, which lets you control the amount, so that you don't overdo it. Soaked sponge is not the most hygienic application, but if you only use it on yourself, it shouldn't be a problem.  



020 Better Make A Mauve is a warm mix of pink, brown and even some peach. It's one of those shades that will probably suit everyone and what I call my-lips-but-better shade. On my warm skin tone it turns out a lot warmer and more peach based. I assume it would look more mauve on cooler skin tones. It also has tiny shimmer particles in it, but they are so small that I can't tell what color they are.


I compared it to some of my other lip shades and didn't find any shade that would be a dupe. Avon True Supreme Nourishing in Revitalising Raspberry seemed similar, but is a bit more pink toned. It's probably the most similar color to Catrice. MAC Patisserie is again one of those shades that has a bit of everything, but compared to Catrice, it's a lot lighter and slightly more cooler pink without that obvious warm peach undertone. Avon 3D Plumping lipstick in Stolen Kisses is the most pink toned out of all of these and the most vibrant one. Bourjois Rouge Edition 12 Hours lipstick in shade 33 also seemed similar, but it's the darkest shade of these and again more pink toned. 


Catrice describes this as a creamy lip gloss and I would agree. It also contains avocado oil which also makes it a nourishing product and I would almost categorize it under a lip care with color. Texture of it is like a thicker sticky cream. It has shiny finish.

It has really nice pigmentation for a lip gloss. You can apply it sheer or build it up, which also makes the color slightly darker.

It applies super smooth and feels very nourishing and comfortable to wear. It's slightly sticky which makes it stick to the lips well and makes it fairly long lasting for a lip gloss, but doesn't give you that old school sticky lip gloss feel at all.

This also nourishes my lips and my lips are never dry when I wear it, which is a huge plus for me. It's one of those effortless products to apply when you want something colorful, but still nourishing. Everyone with dry lips will adore it.


It's a perfect mix of nourishing lip product and color. It applies smooth on the lips, with just slight stickiness to it and it feels very comforting. Pigmentation is good for a lip gloss and staying power just as well. Shade 020 Better Make A Mauve is a warm toned mix of pink and brown with some peach undertone and tiny shimmer in it. It's a very wearable shade and product for when you want something colorful, but soothing on the lips. 

*Product was sent to me.

As of yesterday you can also find me on Facebook. I finally realized that I needed this platform for my blog. It should make following the blog easier as well as for me to share my posts. 


4 comments

  1. This actually looks like a very nice color. It suits you really well. I personally do not like glosses anymore, I wear mostly lipsticks :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, such a wearable shade. I like lipsticks as well, but my lips don't always agree. When I have dry lips I love lip glosses, because they feel so soothing on the lips :).

      Delete
  2. Hi :) I'm just prepraring post for my blog about the same colour of this Lipgloss and I found your blog while searching for a price. I must to say, you have amazing skin, last photo is great :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi :) Oh thank you :) <3 How did you like the product?

      Delete