Review: Catrice Liquid Camouflage High Coverage Concealer (010 Porcellain and 020 Light Beige)

Hey Beauties!

One of the products from Catrice's new fall line that I was most looking forward to trying out, it's their Liquid Camouflage High Coverage Concealer. I really like their cream camouflage version, because it's really pigmented and great for covering up redness and blemishes. So I really wanted to try the liquid version and I even bought both shades. 


It comes in a clear plastic packaging with black top. The packaging seems sturdy, but I wouldn't necessarily throw it around the room. 


It has a doe foot applicator, which is very convenient and soft

It costs 3.79€ and you get 5 ml of it.


Catrice says that this is liquid, high coverage and ultra-longlasting concealer. It should perfectly camouflage under-eye circles, spots and even tattoos. It's also waterproof

First let's check out the shades. Catrice currently has two shades of this concealer. It's 010 Porcellain and 020 Light Beige.


In the tube they both seem pretty light and I was hopeful. 010 Porcellain is more greyish and pink toned. 020 Light Beige is more yellow orange warm toned. They both seem very neutral in the tube, but I have a feeling they might turn out different depending on your skin tone. 

If your fair, go for 010, because it's pretty light and I don't say this lightly. It would probably suit me perfectly in the winter, while now it's almost a bit too light. But keep in mind I use darker foundations now and I have some tan on. That being said, I like to have a slightly lighter concealer for my under eyes. 

If you're a bit darker with warmer undertone then 020 is for you. This is actually good for me now, but I have a feeling it will be too dark in the winter. 


They are very thick in consistency and very creamy, but dry really quickly to a completely matte finish. It completely dries in about 5 to 10 minutes, depending on how thick layer your have. 

For some reason they oxidized on my skin like crazy, when I was swatching them. On my face I don't seem to have this problem. Maybe because I use thinner layers and slowly blend it in. If I apply thick coat and I retouch it while it's still sticky, it becomes lighter again. But when it dries it turns darker. Fortunately this is only on my hand. I still think it's better to work in thin layers and wait for it to dry in between as it says on the packaging. 

As you can see on the photo below the undertones get more emphasized and both look a lot darker once they oxidize. 

It has a sweet fruity scent, which I don't mind, but don't see why it needs to have a smell at all.


I decided to compare the shades to the Catrice Camouflage Cream concealers in 010 Ivory and 020 Light Beige. Cream version in 010 Ivory is the lightest among them all. I would say it's pretty neutral, but may have a bit more warm undertone. Liquid version in 010 Porcellain seems very cool pink toned. It's also darker.

Cream version in 020 Light Beige is again warm yellow toned and it's definitely darker. It is however still lighter then liquid version in 020 Light Beige, which oxidizes to a really deep orange toned shade.

Liquid versions dry really quickly to a complete matte finish. Cream versions tend to stay sticky and still dewy even after a while, but are in fact a lot more pigmented. This is normal for cream versus liquid version. Cream versions also oxidize, but not as much as liquids. Again, the effect on the face doesn't seem to oxidize at all. This was really complicated to swatch.


I also compared the shades to some of the other liquid concealers, just to give you some idea as to where the shades are. 

In this batch, Velvet Finish in 030 Velvet Beige is actually the lightest and the most neutral to pink toned. Liquid camouflage in 010 Porcellain is next in line, but it's a little bit more pink toned (which is more visible in person). Liquid camouflage in 020 Light Beige is on the warmer and a bit darker side then 010, but Revlon Colorstay in 02 Light is the yellowest of them all. 


After I took a photo of these I decided to add MAC Pro Longwear in NC15, just for the sake of comparison. Velvet finish is still the lighters. MAC is next in line, also light but with a warm tone. Liquid in 010 is a bit darker then MAC. 


Concealer is in fact really pigmented and it does cover quit well. I wouldn't say that it covers really blue under eye circles, it just covers slightly darker under eye area. The coverage also depends on how much you build it up. I usually do one layer under my eyes and then go in with another thin layer, where I have more darkness. 

On the top left photo is me with nothing on, on the right top photo is how much I apply of it. On the left bottom photo is one thin coat of it and on the right bottom photo is two coats. 

I didn't notice any creasing going on, excluding the eye area, because everything creases under my eyes. On my face it didn't settle into the lines, except after a really long day. I think the quick drying time and matte finish helps it to stay put and not settle into any fine lines.


Now let's see if it covers tattoos. Fortunately I have a tattoo model (my boyfriend) so I actually tried to cover his tattoo and well, it's somewhere in the middle with this one. You have to put three heavy layers in order to fairly conceal the tattoo, but it's not perfectly covered and you look like you've been bathing in concealer. So, sorry Catrice, I don't think I can agree with you on this one. 


I tried some other concealers and I'll be damned, MAC Studio Finish and Catrice Camouflage Cream work almost the same. They both seem to have the most coverage to almost entirely conceal up tattoo. Catrice Liquid cream actually fails it completely. Bare in mind that I used one layer of each, but the cream version is a lot more pigmented and thicker. 


One big happy yes goes to the fact that it is waterproof. For sure! I actually went swimming a few days ago and by that I mean I was sinking my head and trying to get it as wet as possible and it hold up really well. If you rub it, it will come off after a while, but other than that it pretty much stays perfect. As you can see on the right photo the water just slides off it. On the left photo I even rubbed it a bit and nothing. Five points for you Catrice! Definitely longlasting.

I can see this as a must have product for summer. Maybe now we can get camouflage foundation? Just sayin'!



All in all this is a really good product for the right price. I can see myself repurchasing it, if Catrice doesn't decide to discontinue it! (Yes please!) It actually has a pretty descent coverage for a liquid concealer. It has a quick drying time, which means it won't move a lot and the matte finish is right up my alley. The fact that it's waterproof makes it that more appealing, because it also means it's very longlasting. Just don't buy it to cover your tattoos and you're good to go. Good job Catrice! Definitely try it, because it's worth the price. 

26 comments

  1. Odlična ocena!
    Zelo mi je všeč ta detajlirana ocena, primerjava z odtenki drugih korektorjev (ki vedno pride prav nam bledokožkam) in celo s Catrice camouflage kremo. Pa seveda za preizkus prekrivnosti na tatuju - I like! Maš pa ustrežljivega fanta, da ti je dovolil testirat, me prav zanima, če bi meni moj pusti kaj takega (nisem še nikoli nič na njem probala). :D
    Skratka super ocena, bom mogla po ta korektor. Upam, da ga najdem. Ko sem nazadnje gledala, je bilo vse razgrabljeno - tričetrt tekočih šmink, contouring palete, vsi korektorji.. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hvala :) Ja zelo ustrežljiv, ga moram pohvalit.:) Probaj, mogoče pa te preseneti ;D
      Me je presenetil Catrice. No saj že kremna verzija je bila odlična, je lepo da so se še s to potrudili :). Poročaj kako ti bo všeč ;)

      Delete
  2. Sem ga imela na seznamu za preizkusit, ampak se sem ustrašila ker mi je v trgovini takoj zelo oksidiral. Sem ga šla dvakrat preizkusit, ker nisem mogla verjet kako temen je postal. Samo ti praviš, da pa pod očmi ni tako hudo? Ker drugače zveni ok :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jaz tudi ne vem zakaj to dela. Saj vidiš na mojih swatchih kjer je posušen je enako. Sploh ne morem razložit zakaj. Na obrazu pa sploh ne. Sicer je res da si ga ne dajem tako na debelo kot na swatche, ampak grem tudi dva sloja prek in je odtenek čisto v redu. 010 je celo presvetel za zdaj, 020 pa mi zdaj ustreza. Preizkusi na obrazu, če si upaš v trgovini tiste testerje :/ Sicer pa je cena smešna za tak izdelek :).

      Delete
  3. Jaz sem ga ravno danes prvič preizkusila pod očmi (10-Porcelain) in se je odlično obdržal. V tej vročini se mi večina korektorjev 'ustali' v gubice pod očmi tale pa je ostal na mestu. Bom verjetno vzela še temnejšega za drugod po obrazu. Thumbs up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Potem je tebi tudi všeč:) Jaz sem imela visoka pričakovanja in me ni razočaral :) Jaz tudi uporabljam svetlega pod očmi in temnejšega po ostalem obrazu.

      Delete
  4. Vau, tole je pa treba obvezno kupiti - čudovito pride pod očmi, ni videti pretežek :)
    Super izčrpna objava!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meni se zdi kar precej lahek glede na prekrivnost in pigmentiranost :)
      Hvala ;)

      Delete
  5. Uau, moram probat! Me res zanima če bi ta delal zame, ker me Velvet vedno peče pod očmi :/ Moram najti nekaj da zamenja moj Collection concealer :) High hopes! :) Super koristna objava! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poročaj kako ti bo všeč ;) Mene ta res nič ne iritira pa imam kar občutljivo kožo, sploh pod očmi. Hvala :)

      Delete
  6. Ga imam na WL, krmeni mi je odličen, takod a upam da mi bo ta tudi. Super si se potrudila, z oceno, veliko detajlov si zajela. Aplavz za fanta, moj mi je do sedaj pustil samo Catrice Lip Glow balzma al kaj je že stestirat, ki spremeni barvo na ustnicah :P
    Drugače pa meni vsi Catrice korektorji in tekoči pudri oksidirajo, če swatcham na rokah, na obrazu pa nič :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hvala :) U lip glos, to je pa že drzno :D Jaz sem tudi opazila, da Nude Illusion oksidira na roki. Zanimivo :)

      Delete
  7. Super objava, super primerjava.

    Meni je Catrice camouflage še vedno top & Shiseido! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. If I needed another concealer :D Ampak ja, tudi mene je tvoja ocena nedvomno prepričala v nakup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe. Ah saj take stvari se vedno porabijo :) Meni je bolj problem kakšna senčila ali šminke, ki skoraj nikoli nobene ne porabim do konca :)

      Delete
  9. Hallo :)
    Dein Post ist wirklich klasse!
    Ich bin riesen Fan dieses Concealers ^-^
    LG Jenni❤️
    http://jennisbeautyblog.blogspot.de/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really great review! Seriously, I love all of your posts - they are honest and very helpful as well :) thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi! Great review! I know it's been quite a while, but can you tell me which shade did you use on your eyes in pictures? 10 or 20? I'm trying to figure out what would be my shade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm almost sure it was 010. If you have fair skin tone, around NC15, then 010 is going to be perfect. I mostly use 020 for when I'm tanned :).

      Delete
  12. OMG! Thank you so much for the swatches and the comparing. You were a great great help! :)

    ReplyDelete