Review: Essence Hidden Stories nail polish (01 Enter Wonderland)

Hey Beauties!

I usually stay away from Essence nail polishes, because they always disappoint me in terms of how long they last on me. But I am a sucker for white nail polishes and especially for matte finish nail polishes. So, I totally abandoned my principals and got one.


It's from their Hidden Stories limited edition and it's called 01 Enter Wonderland. It's a standard glass bottle and it contains 10 ml of nail polish. It costs 1.49€



The brush is also very standard, nothing special. However, when it's time for application it leaves stripes. One coat is not enough, since it's not opaque enough. Two coats are needed. My problem with matte nail polishes is that they always pick up on every crack of the nail. So if you have uneven nails, maybe not the best choice.


The formula is pretty thick. It goes on glossy, but dries really quickly into a matte finish. My disappointment was also when I saw the real shade of the nail polish. It's not snow white, but it has a very obvious grey tone to it. It's actually a very light grey shade. What a shame. In the bottle it looks pretty white. Plus, like any Essence nail polish, it cracked on me in about a day. Why am I even trying? No more Essence nail polishes, although I really like this matte effect. 


What did you get from this Hidden Stories LE?

8 comments

  1. Meni so pa Essence laki super. Ker uporabljam Avon podlak mi tudi zdrži 4-5 dni :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Super zate. Jaz imam podlak in nadlak, pa nič ne pomaga.

      Delete
  2. I got it as well, and I'm pretty happy with it. Reeeally annoying formula, but one thin and one thick coat and then it looks very nice.
    essence usually last alright on me and I'm happy it wasn't white. But I don't have any polish with such a clumpy-weird matte formula!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was just me, but I see you had the same problem:).

      Delete
  3. Jaz si več ne kupujem essence lakov, razen če so bleščice :D ne splača se.. v istem dnevu se mi okrušijo, takka i feel you! :) drugače pa si ne bi upala kupiti mat belega laka, bi me preveč na edigs spominjal :)) haha .. ampak ok, zgleda kar nice, me ne moti ta sivkast ton :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Saj jaz tudi ne, temu se pa nisem mogla upret:). Meni pa je všeč videz edigsa:D.

      Delete
  4. Too bad this one didn't work out for you. A good white nail polish is very hard to find :(
    x

    ReplyDelete