Review: Maybelline Color Show nail polishes (677 Blackout, 549 Midnight Taupe)

Hey Beauties!

I have mentioned that I love Maybelline nail polishes, especially because they seem to stay really well on my nails. When I had the chance to grab some from their Color Show, I went for two classic shades, that I know I'll wear a lot.


Both nail polishes contain 7 ml of nail polish and each costs 2.99 €, but I got it for 2.39€. I didn't know the Color Show nail polishes had a name. That is so refreshing and better to remember. 



677 Blackout is a regular pitch black nail shade. It's really opaque with just one coat. It's also a bit thicker in consistency, but I love that. The application was really nice. They have the regular nail brushes and I especially liked that I didn't need to put on two coats.




549 Midnight Taupe is dark taupe (brown grey) shade, which is very nice classic shade in my opinion. This one is a lot thinner than the black one and you'll definitely need at least two coats


I usually apply one thin coat and then the second very thick coat. It's not the most even application, because that would require three coats, but I just don't like to have too many coats on. If this one would be as opaque as black, it would be perfect. 



Well, I at least found my perfect black nail polish. I can't say I'm overly excited about the taupe shade, but it still looks really nice, it just takes a bit more work. They are both pretty long lasting on me, but then I do really like the lasting power of all Maybelline nail polishes. The price is also not bad at all. Now I just wish Color Show range would also be available in Slovenia.

Do you have any of the Color Show nail polishes? Which shade is your favorite?

9 comments

  1. Uau! Super barvi ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Midnight Taupe mi je zanimiv odtenek. Tak poseben :) A ni Color Show pri nas? Kolikor vem je, or am I missing something?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pri nas ga ni, če pa je kje v LJ pa ne vem:) Mi imamo samo Colorama, Color Show pa ne.:)

      Delete
    2. Sploh ne vem kateri so pri nas :D Lake skoraj nikoli ne gledam.

      Delete
  3. It's hard to find a good black polish at the drugstore, I'm glad there is finally one out there! :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree. Most of them are not pigmented enough, but this one was a really nice surprise:).
      xx

      Delete
  4. Meni sta oba odentka všečna! Jesenska! :)
    J.
    http://fashionandpinkheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jaz sicer ne maram rjavih in sivkastih odtenkov na nohtih, ampak Midnight Taupe je popoln. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Potem si očitno zdaj našla popolno kombinacijo rjave in sive:)

      Delete