Carnival makeup and outfit: Mad Hatter and White Queen

Hey Beauties!

So today is a type of carnival day in Slovenia. We basically have this day called "Pust" and we dress in all sorts of masks and then probably go out and party. The children walk from house to house and collect whatever they get (mostly money) and we have some events for all generations all over our country. The tradition is a bit different from one place to another. I guess it's sort of like Halloween, except I feel that at Halloween the masks look really scary and at Pust they can be whatever they want. As for the a bit more grown up (like me), we also have Pust inspired parties at the weekend. I went out this weekend, dressed up, did makeup and all. So in this post I just wanted to show you some photos of how we transformed ourselves into a White Queen and Mad Hatter from the movie Alice in Wonderland. It's the 2010 Tim Burton's version with Johnny Depp and Anne Hathaway.

I'm sorry for the photos, they're a bit well..not the best background or quality. The costumes are entirely home made as is the makeup. Of course the wigs and crown are bought. The makeup was so much fun, especially Mad Hatter. With his look I could finally use my new Sleek I-Divine palette in Ultra Matts V1. The colors in this palette are perfect for this makeup. White Queen's makeup is very dark and bold compared to her completely blank white dress. I think this costume without the white wig, can be also used to create barouqe queen or old vampire look.






And the original makeup and costume from the movie.




If you would like to see any of the outfits or makeup tutorials, either of White Queen or Mad Hatter, let me know. I have photographed steps and can make a separate post.

20 comments

  1. so cute <3 my favorites in the movie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super sta se spomnila, res zgledata lepo :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, spet popoln make up :) Katera šminka je to? Sori, če sem spregledala v tekstu :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nisem zapisala:) je pa od Avona Perfect Kiss v odtenku Deep Orchid. Hvala:))

      Delete
  4. wow, 3 fotka je pa top! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kok sta huda. Čisto profesionalno izgleda :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing!
    The makeup and the outfit are just.. so cool!
    I really like the red lipstick *--*

    XO

    www.ilovemoda.com.br

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adijo, orginalno čudovita sta.. Noro in tudi meni je tvoja šminka huda, pa še paše ti..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hvala:)) Ja, malo prehuda za čez dan:) Za tole je bila pa perfektna:)

      Delete
  8. wow, ful sta dora :))

    http://prettypurple92.weebly.com/

    ReplyDelete